April 12 marks the beginning of Milwaukee’s 3rd Annual Young Professional Week (YPWeek) put on by NEWaukee. YPWeek is an eight day conference with a “hands on approach” addressing issues faced specifically by Milwaukee’s Millennial workforce. The conference aims to create an open forum for sharing ideas and similar like goals along with the opportunity to network. YPWeek includes 30 events hosted in 25 exclusive and historic locations throughout the city of Milwaukee.
“Milwaukee is home to many organizations and community assets that engage, develop and retain the local young professional community, explains Angela Damiani president of NEWaukee. YPWeek allows Milwaukee’s young professionals to discover the city’s incredible assets and engage in meaningful conversations around issues that matter.”
The eight day conference will feature different programs from local, corporate and non-profit organizations.
Some of the highlighted programs during YPWeek include:
- The Lock-in: A Night at the Museum – The Bubbler Awards Ceremony and adult sleepover at the Milwaukee Public Museum
- Keynote Presentation by: John Burke, CEO of Trek Bikes
- The Naked Ballet: A live performance by the Milwaukee Ballet to the sounds of local rock band The Fatty Acids
- World Water Day Hosted by: Badger Meter and the Water Council
- One-Eighty: A Reverse Job Fair at the Milwaukee Art Museum with local corporate leadership pitching why their company’s culture is a good fit for those seeking employment.
- The Kick Off!: A 3v3 Soccer Tournament at the MSOE Pamela and Hermann Viets Field
YP Week also includes the addition of two NEW programs within the eight day event:
- The Rise and Grind: 6 a.m. Workouts held throughout the city.
- The Spotlight at Rumpus Room: 3 p.m. Speaker series with diverse and interesting national young professionals who will come to Milwaukee to share their stories and inspirations.
To view the entire program schedule for YPWeek, visit: www.ypweek.com
For those interested in attending the eight day conference, most all programs are free and open to the public. VIP Access Passes are available to specific bundled ticketed events. This also includes access to The Spotlight programming and the VIP Lounge at the Rumpus Room. VIP Access Passes can be purchased here: http://bit.ly/OzsP4B.
The event runs from April 12-19.
Sponsors of YP Week Include:
Associated Bank, Aurora Health Care, Badger Meter, Bartolotta Restaurant Group, BizTimes, Business Journal, Concordia University, GRAEF, JSJobs, Marcus Hotels & Resorts, Northwestern Mutual, OnMilwaukee.com, Rexnord Industries
For more information on YPWeek, visit: www.ypweek.com.
NEWaukee is a social architecture firm that specializes in building brand loyalty between customers, employees and the community. Through a unique process that combines the increase of information access and the creative of disruptive collisions, NEWaukee has built a following of over 166,000 subscribers. This movement inspires and activates Milwaukee’s true potential creating a better city for future generations. For more information about NEWaukee, please visit: www.newaukee.com