In a press release dated August 29, 2013, New York's Hotel Pennsylvania announced it will host the 138th Annual Westminster Dog Show on February 10-11, 2014. The annual event will take place at Madison Square Garden, right across the street from the hotel. Packed with pet-centric amenities, the hotel earned the 2012 "Pet-Friendly Hotel of the Year" award.
One of the festivities the hotel will host is the annual New York Pet Fashion Show, on Friday, February 7, 2014. On Sunday, February 9, 2014, the hotel will host the American Canine Education Foundation (ACEF) and the Senior Conformation Judges Association (SCJA) 30th Annual Buffet Reception and Dance.
Hotel Pennsylvania offers a host of unique amenities to pamper even the most spoiled show dogs on the circuit. To mark this annual event, the hotel offers a variety of onsite events and amenities, including:
- Shuttle buses to and from the Show
- Westminster welcome package
- Special events (like last year's first-ever ‘pup’tuals wedding ceremony)
- Exclusive access to the largest in-door doggie spa in all of New York with a variety of pet pampering amenities for VIPs (Very Important Pooches)
- Paw Mall
- A live radio broadcast of the popular pet show “Talkin Pets with Jon Patch” on Saturday, February 8, 2014
- Onsite Doggie Concierge
What more could a doggie diva want? How about a free stay? The "Best in Show" winner will enjoy his or her entire stay for free. Now that is pet-friendly.
For more details about the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, visit www.westminsterkennelclub.org.