Located within feet of New York City's prized possession of Union Square is the music venue Irving Plaza. Though several venues have found their abode within the grounds of Union Square, Irving Plaza prides itself on its history, as it's been around since 1860 (formerly regarded as Irving Hall). Embodying intimacy, Irving Plaza presents audience members with a capacity of a little above 1,000 - granting artists permission to showcase their artistry and performance in a low-key environment. Amongst helping establish local acts and smaller tours, Irving Plaza has also hosted the likes of Bob Dylan, Dave Matthews Band, and Pearl Jam.
For autumn's upcoming arrival, Irving Plaza isn't maintaining a one-genre hosting platform. Instead, the venue continues to persist as one that prides itself on variety, booking artists that range from those on top of the hip hop game to alternative rock bands. Highlighted shows for the fall include:
- 9/9-9/10: HOB 20th Anniv. Presents Yellowcard Ocean Avenue Acoustic - The Tour
- 9/14- HOB 20th Anniversary Presents Blue October - The Sway Tour
- 9/26- Hinder and Candlebox
- 9/27 - Mike Stud
- 10/1 - Streetlight Manifesto
- 10/31- We Came As Romans - Tracing Back Roots Tour
- 11/5- The Scream It Like You Mean It Tour with Story of the Year & More
- 11/9- Blu eCigs Presents The Pretty Reckless Going to Hell Tour
- 11/23- The Story So Far
Irving Plaza is located on 17 Irving Place. For more venue information and ticket availability, head to the venue's official website: http://venue.irvingplaza.com/
This ongoing profile will continue to showcase the various venues located throughout New York City. Alexa Spieler will continue to share information on upcoming NYC shows for college students, highlight shows, and provide in-depth analyses of the New York music scene. For show reviews, concert photography, or any press coverage, please contact at: Alexa@A-ListMusicPromotions.com .