A team of current and past New York professional athletes from the Yankees, Mets, Knicks and Giants will be honored at the 34th Annual Thurman Munson Awards Dinner on Tuesday night, February 4, at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in New York City.
The award is named for the late New York Yankees catcher. His widow, Diana Munson, has attended each benefit and has been involved since the inception of the award to raise more than $12 million to assist children and adults who have intellectual and developmental disabilities.
The Thurman Munson Awards are presented to acknowledge success on the fields of play and philanthropic contributions. The 2014 honorees are:
- Brett Gardner – New York Yankees outfielder
- David Cone – former New York Mets and New York Yankees pitcher, and current YES Network broadcaster
- Jim Kaat – former New York Yankees pitcher and baseball broadcaster
- Dillon Gee – New York Mets pitcher
- Bernard King – New York Knicks Hall of Fame forward
- Antrel Rolle – New York Giants safety
“Corporate Hero” awards will be presented to Nicholas S. Schorsch, chairman and CEO of American Realty Capital Properties, and William M. Kahane, CEO of RCS Capital.
The event is associated with the AHRC New York City Foundation, a not-for-profit organization that supports programs enabling children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to lead richer and more productive lives.