Each year around this time local restaurants offer special events and deals. It is sometimes difficult to find a compiled list of the various events and and we want to keep our readers informed by providing that list. The events this year include happenings at Wine Cellar, Intution Ale Works, and Bistro Aix:
Event #1: New Years Eve 2013 Menu @ Wine Cellar (1314 Prudential Dr., Jacksonville, FL): Wine Cellar has announced a special menu comprised of top menu items from throughout the year. Diners have the option eat as a Prix Fixe (i.e. four courses at $56 per person) or diners may choose to order a la carte. Here's what the Prix Fixe menu includes:
- Pan seared scallops
- Pear and sun dried cherry relish with Gorgonzola cheese and finished with port wine reduction
- Roasted Portabello mushroom with lobster, shrimp, marinated artichoke
- Escargot Sauteed in butter, garlic, shallots and chives and served in saffron cream sauce and a grilled ciabatta crostini
- Iceberg lettuce wedge over baby spinach with chunky bleu cheese dressing and topped with applewood smoked bacon and red onion
- Pan seared Red Snapper encrusted with fresh herbs and served over crabmeat with Andouille sausage and white bean cassoulet
- Roast duckling au poivre; this is crisply sared and served over house rice pilaf and topped with orange liquer peppercorn sauce
- Trio of Flavors featuring shrimp stuff with lump crab meat and topped with Beurre Blanc, 4 ounce grilled medallion of beef tenderloin with Bearnaise Sauce and served with creamed Brussels sprouts and Dauphinoise Potatoes
- Grilled Filet Mignon with potato mash, baby carrots and asparagus and finished with Bearnaise Sauce
- Key Lime Pie (this is a long-time popular dish at Wine Cellar)
- Espresso Tiramisu
- Chocolate truffle torte served with fresh berries and raspberry sauce
Diners who want to enjoy this menu at Wine Cellar should book reservations at 904-398-8989.
Event #2 Cooking With Intuition Cookbook @ Intuition Ale Works: Intuition is offering a cookbook with contributions from the best local chefs in the area, as well as home cooks, Intuition staff and Mug Club members. The book features more than 80 recipes made with Intuition beer. Cooking With Intuition also includes craft beer basics like the process of brewing and advice on pairing beer with food. Proceeds from sales of the cookbook with go to Second Harvest North Florida, which is a non-profit organization that serves the hungry and educates the public on domestic hunger. The book includes approximately 300 pages and the recipes feature photographs from Laura Evans Photography. For information on purchasing the cookbook go to this link.
Event #3: New Years Eve @ Bistro Aix: Bistro Aix is a great place to spend New Years because of their large bar and separate dining area. Aside from that, the food is typically fantastic and the service is top-notch. Bistro Aix is open open for lunch from 11am-2pm on New Years Eve. The celebration at Bistro Aix begins when the restaurant reopens at 5pm and the party lasts until an undisclosed time. Head Chef Zeke Mears will be preparing a special menu for the event. Chef Zeke has been with Bistro Aix since 2002 and was recently promoted from Executive Sous Chef. The menu will include a three-course meal featuring fresh tuna tartare, roasted beets, Maine labster spaghetti, filet mignon, and more. Go to the Bistro Aix website at this link for more information on booking reservations.
For more from Jacksonville Fine Dining Examiner, follow us on Twitter @JaxFineDining