Intro: New Year's Eve party ideas for kids should be filled with plenty of fun and imagination, and for this, you need look no further than at Hogwarts. The books about the boy wizard are filled with all sorts of ideas. Harry Potter food ideas can include drinks like pumpkin juice as well as dishes such as prime rib roast, mashed potatoes, apple pies and chocolate eclairs, making the food at this party suitable for adults as well.
- Hunger Games gifts: Buy the new HG cookbook at the Boise Barnes & Noble
- 'The Hobbit' party ideas: Party food ideas inspired by Middle Earth
- Hunger Games, Harry Potter spawn an exhibit, lesson plans and scholarly work
New Year's Eve Party Ideas for Kids: Harry Potter Food Recipes
Who can forget the first time that Harry Potter went into the dining hall at Hogwarts Wizarding School? The veritable feast that Harry got was as easy on the eyes as it was his starving tummy.
For you, you're just glad that your kids are reading, but the boy wizard can do more than get your child to delve into literature. He can help you plan a Harry Potter theme party for your kids if you're planning on staying home for the New Year's Eve holiday.
What's great about Harry Potter food ideas, however, is how well they fit an adult party as well. After all, plenty of families choose to push the old year out and ring in the New Year with their friends and family members, who also have small kids. The key to making this party work for both children and adults is in the execution.
Yes, You Can Serve Recipes for Prime Rib Along With Pumpkin Juice
Below, you'll find a list of Harry Potter food recipes/ ideas taken from the books. If your holiday celebrations typically involve a grown-up table and a kid table, then decorate the kid area with Harry Potter party favors, plates and other decorative items. Plan on putting Harry Potter movies afterwards to keep kids calm and in happy spirits. You can find these Harry Potter items on Amazon. Who knows? You might even nab a costume or two. Incorporating all these ideas helps you build on your New Year's Eve party ideas for your kids.
Harry Potter Recipe List for New Year's Eve Party:
- The drink that people in the Potter Universe consume predominantly is pumpkin juice. This Harry Potter food recipe includes pumpkin, apple juice and pineapple juice plus some sweet spices. Mmmm!
- Roast beef is one of the many dinner items that you'll find served at Hogwarts if you read the books. You can serve roast beef or you can dress up your New Year's Eve dinner by serving one of your recipes for prime rib roast. Both are delicious and both are technically roast beef, but this time of the year, the prime rib is more popular.
- Serve Irish lamb stew as an appetizer at your New Year's Eve party. Help your kids like it by serving it in mini-bread bowls.
- Follow me on Twitter or Pinterest. Or Subscribe to this column to get FREE automatic updates. I never sell your information.
- Mashed potatoes are common foods in the Potter books. Serve this dish alongside your roast beef. Add a little Parmesan cheese to fancy up the dish and you've got a treat that's fit for the boy wizard himself.
- Mini-apple pies and eclairs filled with vanilla or chocolate pudding are a way to top off dinner Hogwarts style.
What are your New Year's Eve party ideas for kids? Write them below in the comments.