For many cooks, myself included, the quest for making New Year's appetizers easy is a good idea in theory, but in practice…Well, that's another thing all together. Add to that the desire to make easy appetizers for a crowd, and you've doubled the difficulty of your quest. Fortunately, this salmon crostini appetizer with goat cheese tastes great without a lot of work.
Cocktail Drink Recipes to go With Your New Year's Eve Appetizer Recipes
- 'Mad Men' martinis and 6 other fun martini drinks to make as Christmas cocktails
- Christmas cocktail drinks with rum from Martha Stewart, Bobby Flay and Emeril
- Tickled pink! Christmas and New Year's Champagne cocktails and punches
- Apple martini cocktail and other vodka mixed drink recipes for Xmas, New Year's
- Five classic Christmas cocktail drinks: Eggnog, hot toddy, chocolate peppermint
Smoked Salmon Crostini Appetizer With Goat Cheese and Apple Relish
To create this easy smoked salmon crostini appetizer with goat cheese, you'll need:
- To get a sourdough baguette and slice into 1/2-inch rounds
- Brush the slices with olive oil
- before you put them into the oven at 250 degrees. You'll keep these easy appetizers for a crowd in the oven for 13 to 15 minutes until they brown
Green Apple Relish
While you wait for your bread to brown, make the green apple relish to serve with your New Year's appetizers:
- Chop up one Granny Smith apple that you've cored and peeled.
- Then add in two tablespoons of chopped parsley and two tablespoons of fresh chopped chives.
- Pour in two tablespoons of olive oil
- and the juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- mix until the ingredients for the green apple relish are combined.
- Set this aside.
Toppings and Servings:
- To finish this New Year's appetizer is easy.
- Just top it with the goat cheese and salmon plus a little of the apple relish.
- To make enough for 25 pieces, be sure to use eight ounces of goat cheese and six ounces of smoked salmon. Cut up the salmon so that it fits the crostini bread slices.
- Serve the easy smoked salmon crostini with goat cheese and salmon right away.
What is Crostini? Fun Fact:
According to Wikipedia,
Crostino (meaning "little toast" in Italian) is an Italian appetizer consisting of a small slice of grilled or toasted bread and toppings. The toppings may include a variety of different cheeses, meats, and vegetables, or may be presented more simply with a brush of olive oil and herbs or a sauce. Crostini are typically made using Italian ciabattas and are often served with wine.