Carpe Diem, seize the day! How often have you heard this saying? Living by this, you are inadvertently aligning with what is most important to you! Is it your family? Travel? Time in the natural world? Or is it making a difference with another human being? Seizing the moment means living in the NOW!
Many of us won't go to our death bed wishing we did more work, had a bigger house, or invested more money. Often people wish for more time with their family, more meaningful conversations with their spouse, or more time at ease. Life is too short to not live with what is important, so, in this time of reflection and re-creation, this New Year, here are tips to help you seize each day!
• Be thankful- Give thanks for everything in your life
• Be optimistic- Find the best in people and circumstances
• Be spontaneous- Adapt a do-it-now attitude
• Be a giver
• Be a forgiver- Let go of past grudges and bad energy
• Be positive-Turn even the worst situations into victories
• Be encouraging- Helps others feels strong and confident
• Be enthusiastic about life!
• Be joyful
• Be active- find activities that you enjoy, maybe even share them with others!
• Be an inverted paranoid- believe the whole world is conspiring to do only good things to you!
Need some help finding the best ways for you? Check out these possibilities to learn how you can access a healthy and happy New Year! http://www.realage.com, www.examiner.com/examiner/x-30076-Boulder-Wellness-Examiner~y2009m12d30-How-full-is-each-piece-of-your-life, http://wellnesscoachjo.wordpress.com/. Begin practicing these tips, and you will begin to seize each day! Carpe Diem!