Whether you’ve just met your new love or you've been with your honey for years, if you want to keep the romance alive, you need to keep it up. Romance is cumulative. Small actions that build on one another can make a big difference. Make a resolution for romance in 2013, and try these simple actions to make this your most romantic year yet.
1. Leave a love note somewhere your honey will find it when you’re not around.
2. Give your partner a hug each time you meet and each time you part. If you live together, greet your partner when you arrive home, or when s/he does.
3. When the two of you are together, try turning off all those distracting electronic communications. Instead pay attention to the person in front of you.
4. What do you and your partner enjoy doing together? Make a plan to do it more often.
5. Every day, or every time you see your honey, express your appreciation. For the greatest impact, focus on a single detail (a specific look, action, quality) rather than a broad generalization.
6. Cook up something special. What’s your lover’s favorite meal? If you’re good in the kitchen, whip up something sure to please. If you don’t know a pot from a pan, treat your honey to that special meal out, or order in.
7. Add flowers to the table.
8. Play your partner’s favorite music during dinner, and then invite him/her to dance in the living room.
9. If you have children, let your mate sleep in now and then and take charge of the little ones.
10. In the middle of the day, send a one-line email that tells your lover that you care.