December 27, 2009
As the New Year approaches resolutions will be made. Everything from losing weight and quitting smoking to traveling around the world. Gardeners need to stamp out their place in the chaotic hierarchy with their own set of pledges.
- Resolve to compost everything possible. Those extra trips to the pile might etch off a pound or two.
- Bring on the houseplants. They make your home healthier.
- Choose to grow something new and difficult. Present yourself with a challenge. Orchids! Roses! Corn! The rewards of preserverance will make you feel good about yourself.
- Going green? Organic gardening is a technique that uses no pesticides and provides healthier alternatives.
- Build a small greenhouse and enjoy your passion year around!