As the year ends we will be toasting with our friends, family, and loved ones. We toast the year ending and the joyous start of the new year. As everyone celebrates we sometimes forget to include our little ones in the holiday festivities. Children love the idea of toasting just as much as the adults even if it is just in imitation. This year you can share the toasting with your children. Try out these recipes for non-alcoholic drinks that your kids will enjoy. They can celebrate the coming new year with a cheer.
- 2 (2 liter) bottles ginger ale, chilled
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 (64 fluid ounce) bottle white grape juice, chilled
1. To make Ice ring: Fill a ring-shaped cake pan to 1/2 with ginger ale. Freeze until partially frozen. At this stage you can place edible flowers, or pieces of fruit around the ring. Fill pan with ginger ale and freeze until solid. Place in punch bowl just before serving.
2. In a large punch bowl, combine 1 bottle ginger ale, pineapple juice and white grape juice.
- 2 lemons
- 3 large oranges
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 liter club soda
- 2 (750 milliliter) bottles sparkling apple cider
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 trays ice cubes
1. Thinly slice the lemons and the oranges and place in a large punch bowl. Pour in the thawed lemonade. Gently stir in the club soda and the sparkling apple cider. Add sugar to taste. Add ice.