This salad was absolutely wonderful!
This salad can be served over a bed of fresh spinach or in naan bread with tahini sauce.
Find the freshest of ingredients at your local Meijer.
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, pressed in a garlic press
- fresh lemon juice to taste
- 1/2 t dried basil leaves
- 1/2 t dried oregano
- 1/2 t dried parsley
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- couple generous handfuls tomatoes, halved (I used a mix of pear and grape tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan blend cheese
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper sliced and chopped
- fresh basil and parsley leaves, snipped, for garnish
- Whisk together the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, basil, oregano and parsley in a small bowl and set aside.
- Toss salad ingredients (except fresh herbs) in a large bowl. Add the dressing and mix. Chill at least an hour before serving.
- Serve garnished with fresh basil and parsley.