This vegetarian/vegan chili is also great with a pound of ground beef added. Make it to suit your particular tastes.
This makes a huge pot of mild chili!
Find everything you need to make it at your local Meijer.
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 T chili powder
- 2 t ground cumin
- 1 t garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large can tomato juice
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 can Canellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large Dutch oven over medium high heat brown ground beef. Drain.
- Stir in onion and green pepper and cook another 5 minutes or so.
- Stir is seasonings.
- Stir in tomato juice and diced tomato. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in beans; reduce heat to medium low and cover. Simmer for 1 hour (or as long as you like), stirring occasionally.
- Serve chili with buttermilk cornbread.