This is my personal favorite recipe for making pico de gallo. It is healthy and oh so delicious with any Mexican entree!
- sea salt to taste
- 3 tomatoes, seeds removed, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 lime, juiced
- chopped fresh cilantro to taste
- In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes gently with the salt. Add onion and jalapeno and combine. Place the avocado on top of the tomato mixture and squeeze with lime juice to coat the avocado. Sprinkle on the cilantro, and stir to combine. Serve.