These muffins make for a wonderful healthy breakfast!
Find everything you need to make them at your local Meijer.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 T all bran cereal
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups honey nut oatmeal
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and next 4 ingredients. Stir in oatmeal and cranberries.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, vanilla and egg. Make a well in center of flour mixture and add wet ingredients, stirring just til moist. Stir in boiling water. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 12 muffin cup pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter into pan and bake for 15 minutes or til muffins spring back when touched.
- Remove muffins from pans immediately; place on a wire rack to cool.