December 21, 2013
Create a playful gold paper star New Year ’s Eve night themed garland to decorate your home. This fun DIY star garland would also work for weddings and birthday parties.
- Using a pencil draw a star on shimmery gold card stock to create a stencil. Cut out your stencil using scissors.
- Place the stencil on a new sheet of card stock and trace the stencil 29 times on gold card stock, and cut out all the stars.
- Arrange the cut out starts in a pile alternating between gold stars and gold glitter stars so when you begin sewing the stars are already ordered in a pattern.
- Using your sewing machine equipped with gold thread, sew a straight line through the middle of each star, spacing the stars 2 inches apart.
- Once all 30 starts have been sewed together you can use tape to hang your star garland. Hung vertically it looks amazing when several garlands are next to each other. Otherwise you can hang your star garland vertically across a wall or doorway.
- Several sheets of gold and gold glitter card stock
- Sewing machine with gold thread