Brie takes on a whole new dimension of flavor in this quick appetizer.
Find everything you need to make this at your local Meijer.
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 T unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 (13 1/2 oz) brie wheel
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter til tender, about 5 minutes. Add cranberries and juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer til juice is absorbed. Remove from heat and stir in nuts and preserves.
- Remove rind from top of cheese. Place cheese on plate and spread cranberry mix over the top. Refrigerate 1 hour. Just before serving, microwave 30 seconds just to soften.
- Serve with gourmet crackers or thin sliced cocktail bread.