What time do banks close on New Year's Eve and there any banks open on New Year's Day, Jan. 1, 2014?
Some banks will close early on New Year's Eve, but many are open regular business hours. New Year's Day is a federal holiday, so banks are closed on Wednesday, January 1.
Most major banks like Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Chase and Citibank will be open regular hours on Tuesday. However, there are a few that close early.
Check the list below for closing times at many banks across the country. Supermarket branches may be different, but it's always a good idea to call ahead for the most accurate information.
Locally here in Rhode Island, TD Bank will be open regular business hours on New Year's Eve but all branches will be closed on January 1. TD Bank is open on many federal holidays, but this isn't one of them.
- See a complete list of 2014 US Postal Service holidays here
- See a complete list of 2014 Federal Holidays here
If you need to get your banking done on New Year's Day, you'll be limited to using an ATM or online banking. Pay bills or check your balance online or with your bank's mobile app.
Find an ATM just about everywhere if you need cash before you head out on New Year's Eve or if you need money to buy Tylenol for your hangover on New Year's Day.
New Year's Eve Bank Closing Times
If you don't see your bank or credit union on this list, call your bank's customers service line for more information.
- Chase - Regular business hours
- Bank of America - Regular business hours
- Wells Fargo - Normal hours
- Citibank - Normal hours
- U.S. Bank - Closing at 2 p.m.
- Capital One - Closing at 4 p.m.
- TD Bank - Regular business hours
- HSBC - Regular business hours
- PNC Bank - Regular business hours
- SunTrust - Regular business hours
- BBVA Compass - Regular business hours
Banks will re-open on Thursday, Jan. 2, 2014. Most branches will be open regular business hours after the holiday.