Time for New Year Resolutions and family historians need to make their list. Include a few from the following list and mingle with your own ideas to make this year productive and personal.
“I am resolved to…
- Join an area genealogical group such as Our Genealogy Group at Clayton State University, 2000 Clayton State Blvd, Morrow, GA 30260.
- Support the Georgia Archives by attending the monthly Lunch and Learn programs and researching on location at GA Archives, 5780 Jonesboro Rd, Morrow, GA 30260.
- Support the National Archives by researching on location at National Archives at Atlanta, 5800 Jonesboro Rd, Morrow, GA 30260.
- Talk with family and friends. Record the information and follow-up by sharing your information.
- Organize papers, documents and photographs. If you want help, consider contacting an organizer such as Ancestors Organized.
- Search online sites such as familysearch.org, usgenweb.org, and ancestry.com.
- Volunteer at an area library, archives, or museum.
- Share your passion in a blog or on wwwexaminer.com.
- Attend educational conferences and classes such as Federation Genealogical Societies, National Genealogical Society, Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research, and New England Genealogical and Historical Society,
- Read a book such as Got Proof! by Michael N. Henderson.”
Let me know your resolutions, Selma Blackmon.