Vodka counts as a staple ingredient for many Christmas and New Year's drink recipes. Christmas vodka drinks may include an apple martini cocktail or a chocolate martini, and while these cocktail drink recipes with vodka work for the parties involving St. Nick, they also taste great when you're ringing in the New Year. Below you'll find some recipes for mixed drinks with vodka.
More Cocktail Drink Recipes and Information for Local Cab Companies in Boise
- Five classic Christmas cocktail drinks: Eggnog, hot toddy, chocolate peppermint
- Boise City Taxi
- Idaho Cab
About Christmas and New Year's Eve Drinks Recipes
Click on the hyperlinks in the sentences to get the drink recipes.
- The apple martini cocktail kind of tastes like a sour Jolly Rancher to me. Mix vodka, apple schnapps and apple juice for this popular vodka mixed drink recipe.
- The chocolate martini counts as one of the yummiest mixed drink vodka recipes around. Creme de cacao gives it a chocolatey tastes as does the Hershey's Kiss garnish.
- The vodka collins counts as one of the most ordered vodka cocktail recipes I served when I tended bar. It's lemony and refreshing and sweet.
- The blueberry vodka martini recipe combines blueberries, raspberry liqueur and lime. It's one of the tastiest Christmas and New Year drink recipes around.
- Martha Stewart offers another vodka cocktail recipe called the blackberry crush. It's another one of those refreshing vodka cocktails that is just perfect to add to your list of Christmas and New Year drink recipes box.
- The bloody Mary is also a drink I made a lot as a bartender. The basic bloody Mary is just vodka and tomato juice, but you can practically make it a meal in a glass by adding Worcestershire sauce and a celery stalk plus lemon juice to your deluxe bloody Mary recipe. Plan on serving this at your New Year's Eve cocktail party if you have a lot of traditionalists.
- The spicy peach vodka cocktail mixes Stolis peach vodka with lime and slices of serrano chili pepper.
And my favorite, the Black Russian:
- 1 3/4-oz of vodka
- 3/4-oz of coffee-flavored liqeur
Or make it a White Russian by adding some half-and-half or cream to the drink.
Last Thoughts on Planning Your Christmas and New Year's Parties
I've included the phone numbers to local cab companies in Boise at the top of the article. If you're driving and plan on drinking, give them a ring. If you're hosting a party and have guests who'll be drinking, ask them to stay or call a cab for them. Your holiday celebrations will be a whole lot more fun and more worry-free if you do. If you're not in Boise, be sure to look up local cab companies in your area.