Melbourne, FL - August 1, 2014 - If you live in the Ft. Pierce area and are looking for something to do this weekend, why not mosey over to the GRAND Opening of the new West Marine Store.
West Marine’s newest Florida location that boasts 15,000 square feet of nautical necessities and access to experts who can help boaters, anglers and paddlesports enthusiasts make the most of their time on the water. There will be free daily product demos, a boat show by local dealers, special deals on water gear, raffles, giveaways and more.
Friday, August 1 - Sunday, August 3
Grand Opening Hours: Friday and Saturday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Sunday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
West Marine Ft. Pierce – 1463 South US Highway 1
- Outdoor boat show with latest models from local dealers Ameracat Boats, Billfish Boatworks, BlueWater Boats and Top Notch Marine.
- Demos and Q&As – Vendor reps and West Marine experts will give hands-on demos on the latest marine electronics from Garmin, Raymarine, Simrad/Lowrance and Spot.
- Go Fish! The 2,600-square-foot fishing section, which includes gear from Penn and Shimano, will host fishing seminars each day.
- Friday, 6 p.m.: Capt. Al Bernetti and Teen Anglers will discuss inshore and offshore fishing basics for kids and families.
- Saturday, 6 p.m.: Capt. Rick Ryals will discuss offshore fishing
- Sunday, 4 p.m.: Capt.Albritton will discuss bottom fishing for group/snapper and live baiting.
- Vessel Courtesy Checks – The US Coast Guard Auxillary will be onsite from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day of the Grand Opening to promote safe boating.
- Shop and Tour the Store – New sections include a comprehensive engine parts department. Plus, more options for trailers and safety and paddlesports.
- Delightful deals on casual and technical apparel, foul weather gear, footwear and accessories from favorite brands such as Maui Jim, Sperry, Costa del Mar, Columbia, Reef, Teva and Tilley.
Until next time, be safe in the sun and have a great day in the great outdoors.