Visceral Games Montreal, according to GameInformer, is aiming for a blockbuster movie-esque feel with their latest title, Army of Two: Devil's Cartel. What with an explosion in almost every shot, I have to agree: the game's new trailer, Overkill, released yesterday, looks like it would fit in well as a Michael Bay film.
The co-op, third-person shooter video showcases buddies Alpha and Bravo in their element, taking down baddies and doing business as usual, with a new female character in the mix as their backup. The two protagonists are still working for the same military contractor as with the previous two installments, and are now battling against a Mexican drug cartel.
The end of the trailer, shown below, promises a few bonus goodies for those who pre-order the Overkill Edition of Devil's Cartel:
• TAH-9 handgun: Unleash your fury with the game’s only fully automatic sidearm.
• Polymer outfit and mask: Suit up and kick ass in sleek, professional style.
• Overkillers contract: Take on new missions designed for nonstop frenetic co-op destruction.
• Double-D Shotgun: Double the destruction with the only two-barrel shotgun in T.W.O.’s arsenal.
• Overkill outfit and mask: The perfect uniform for maximum destruction.
• Day of the Dead Outfit: Celebrate this Mexican holiday by putting the spirits of your cartel enemies to rest.
• Day of the Dead AK-47 weapon: Become an angel of death with this awesome weapon, skinned in honor of La Día de los Muertos!
• Day of the Dead masks: Put on the face of fear with two custom masks designed by renowned tattoo artists.
Army of Two: Devil's Cartel has a planned release on March 26, 2013 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.