While appearing on Fox News' "Hannity" Tuesday, Fox contributor Jehmu Greene "joked" that America would be saved if both Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and House speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, drowned at sea.
Twitchy observed that Greene's "joke" wasn't even original, but was "cribbed from the equally shameless Roger Simon’s of Politico."
Viewers of the program were not impressed with her attempt to foment violence and hate against conservatives.
"Jehmu's mean-spirited joke about drowning just fell flat, even with her Dem colleagues," one person tweeted, although a few liberals on the program appeared to like the "joke."
Another person said that it's apparently okay for Green to be offensive, "but let a republican an (sic) it's a crime.."
"That little joke Jehmu did about Cruz was inappropriate. She is stupid and looks foolish," added "Renette CBee."
"Your joke went down with the ship," tweeted "RuBegonia."
Greene attempted to justify her "joke" by citing Simon.
"Question: If Ted Cruz and John Boehner were both on a sinking ship, who would be saved?" Simon wrote Monday. "Answer: America."
When some pointed out that her feeble attempt at humor fell flat, Greene doubled down by claiming that it was true.
"Perhaps because it is the stone-cold truth," she said.
"America would be better off without both of them on Capitol Hill," she said in another tweet.
The truth, however, is that Democrats -- from the president on down -- and their allies in the so-called "mainstream media" have engaged in a systematic and relentless campaign of hate designed to foment violence against conservatives for some time. Since the partial government shutdown began earlier in the month, those efforts have been ramped up with some -- like Rep. Charlie Rangel -- accusing Republicans of being "Confederates" -- essentially traitors to the country.
Greene's "joke" is only one of the latest -- and most blatant -- attempts to foster hate.
- Democrats, media fomenting violence against Tea Party, conservatives over shutdown, Obamacare
- Charlie Rangel accuses GOP of treason, wanting to ‘bring down the government’ (Video)
- Liberals on Twitter make fresh threats to murder Mitt Romney after final debate
- Unhinged: Liberals on Twitter issue more death threats against Mitt Romney
- Liberal hate on Twitter: Romney, voters should be killed
- New tone: Liberals on Twitter call for death of Mitt Romney
- Obama supporters on Twitter step up threats to riot if Romney wins
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Obama to supporters: Voting ‘best revenge’ against Mitt Romney
- Liberals on Twitter threaten to kill Romney, tweets forwarded to Secret Service
- Retired officer warns: Obama victory may spark civil war
- Texas judge warns of possible civil war, U.N. takeover if Obama wins
- The case against re-electing Barack Hussein Obama, part 8; Obama: Lord of the mobs
- Liberal hate talkers Malloy, Rhodes attack Dick Cheney for getting new heart
- Liberal hate talker Mike Malloy mocks tornado victims on radio program
- Liberal talker Mike Malloy suggests SEAL team assassinate Pres. Bush
- Liberal talk show hosts display hatred on radio and television
- Hollywood kills Tea Partiers, Christians in movie ‘God Bless America’
- MSNBC’s Chris Matthews: Opposition to Obama due to South losing Civil War
- Bill Press: ‘Million Vet’ marchers ‘idiots’ who should’ve hung Cruz in effigy (Video)
- Liberals on Twitter call for death of actor James Woods, Tea Party
- Obama supporters threaten to kill protesters at Overpasses for Obama Impeachment
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Newsbusters, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.
Be sure to listen to "Grit and Grace" every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.