LOVE Girls Magazine – DC Edition
LOVE, Girls Magazine (LGM) - DC hit the streets of The District on January 18, 2014! LGM-DC is a quarterly publication with editions Quad City (Iowa & Illinois) and Memphis.
We are looking for some dedicated volunteers for our editorial team. We are also currently recruiting for writers – girls ages 12 – 20. We are excited about this opportunity and what LOVE Girl Magazine will bring to the DC/MD area.
The editorial team needs are:
- Associate Editor: Assist with overall magazine production, including layout/design, advertising, and content
- Assignment Editor: Secures interviews, assign articles, monitors writing and works with photographer to acquire photos for articles
- Copy Editor: Reviews, edits articles and final publication prior to printing
- PR/Marketing: Promote publication, assist with event planning, and secures media listing and invitations for the publication
- Event Planning: Organizes and executes 3-4 events each year
- Community Outreach & Engagement: Build the LG presence in DC, connect with local schools to distribute the magazine and identify/connect LG with community partners
- Graphic Design: Creating flyers and banners along with assisting in magazine layout
In addition, we would like 3-5 writing mentors to work with the girls on their assignments. We anticipate hosting bi-monthly meetings and writing workshops to build/improve writing skills.
Writing mentors must be able to commit to 5-7 hours a month to work with writers and attend at least one writing workshop once a quarter (4 hours). Writing mentors will have bi-monthly calls to discuss upcoming themes, articles and share their writer’s progress.
Visit us at www.lovegirlsmagazine.com.
In addition, please save the date for our Interest Meeting and Information Session on Monday, March 10 at 5:30 pm.
If you have any questions, please contact Carletta S. Hurt, DC- Managing Editor at email@example.com.