In a previous article we discussed the various strategies parents may have to employ to get their tweens (ages 8 to 12) reading. One of the points highlighted encouraged parents to get their kids to read series books and graphic novels.
Graphic novels are engaging and interactive. Some are full of humor, while others are action packed. Series books are suspenseful; they will motivate your child to want to know what will happen next in the story. Moving from one series to the other builds intrigue and gives an expansive life span to the characters in your child’s mind. The story seems to live on and your tween extends her imagination.
Here is a list of newly released books for kids’ ages 8 to 12; some of which are graphic novels and series books.
1. I Funny: A Middle School Story by James Patterson
2. Second Spy (Third book in The Books of Elsewhere series) by Jacqueline West
3. Bad Kitty by Nick Bruel
4. On the Road to Mr. Mineo’s by Barbara O’Conner
5. Awesome Blossom: A Flower Power Book (Fourth book in the Flower Power series) by Lauren Myracle
6. Potterwookiee (Second book in the Creature from My Closet series) by Obert Skye
7. Capture the Flag by Kate Messner
8. Confectionately Yours #3 Sugar and Spice by Lisa Papademetriou
9. Big Nate Flips Out by Lincoln Peirce
10. Middle School My Brother is a Big Fat Liar by James Patterson