Movie fans in Scottsdale are waiting for the release of "Oz The Great and Powerful" to theaters. On Monday, Jan. 28, Spoiler Movies shared four new posters released for the film. Check out the posters by visiting the slide show. If you missed any of the previously released photos or spoilers for this film, visit this link.
The release of this film is fast approaching, and the man bringing the world of Oz back to the big screen is now speaking about the film. In a new interview with Total Film, Sam Raimi said the following about the film:
"You could call [Oz] a prequel, that would be accurate - but I didn’t have to re-invent any of that fantastic history. Mitchell [Kapner, screenwriter] took about 40 per cent of the events that were sprinkled here and there about Oz from Baum’s books and really created the other 60 per cent himself out of his imagination, because there just wasn’t enough there."
James Franco, Michelle Williams and Rachel Weisz all star in this new film. "Oz The Great and Powerful" is set for release to theaters on March 8. Fans are buzzing about this film on social media. One fan said the following on Twitter recently:
I am excited for this movie!! Anyone else?? #ozgreatandpowerful
Scottsdale residents will be able to see this film at the Harkins Scottsdale Fashion Square 7 or at another local theater in the area once it is released.