Today, Mojang released a new snapshot update for “Minecraft” on the PC. Due to the recent games for charity event that Mojang participated in, this snapshot was released a bit later than expected. But, Snapshot 13w09a has now been released and is available for download.
As discussed on the official post on Mojang's website, it has been revealed that the Minecraft Redstone Update is closing in on its official release, as the team is still in bug fixing mode with this content. It is stated that they intend to have the pre-release of this update out by this Thursday, with the official release coming next week.
As for snapshot 13w09a, the following changes have been made with the addition of this update:
- Mobs can now ride stuff that rides other stuff
- Players riding stuff will keep it when logging off (ie, if you’re on a minecart and log off, you will take that minecart with you)
- Animated blocks and items in texture packs now requires the animation definition (previously it was optional)
- Language files have been updated
- [MC-2555] Cannot Connect To Own Server While Not Online (LAN) / Playername beeing E-Mail address when offline
- [MC-6077] Comparators causes block updates while idle
- [MC-7167] Hopper's name doesn't change in its GUI after renamed in anvil
- [MC-9391] Command Block Arguments Length
- [MC-9473] Unnecessary delay of "Done" button in the texturepacks menu
- [MC-9687] Hopper don't update comparator when receiving item stack
- [MC-9788] Mob Spawners failing to "Saving entity NBT"
- [MC-9935] EntityAIAvoidEntity Interference
- [MC-10033] Scoreboard accepts arguments for @p but if not found it will use a wrong name
For those interested, you can take a look at a few screenshots taken from “Minecraft” in the slideshow above this article.