Marquette University, in collaboration with onmilwaukee.com, has put together a "soundtrack to Milwaukee" local music sampler. The album acts as a beginner's guide for newly-christened Milwaukeeans and as a nice reminded to the rest of us of the vitality of the local music scene.
The mix is predominantly geared towards incoming and current students at Marquette, as there are no links nor even mention of the project on the onmilwaukee website, and a physical copy of the CD is available on the university campus. That being said, the hosting page itself is public access and those less inclined to leave the comfort of one's home during the current blizzard can download the tracks at their leisure.
The track list is as follows:
- The Patina Tree — Princess
- The Scarring Party — Follow It Down
- The Championship — Christian Man/I'd Rather Be Truckin'
- The Color Truth — Counting Sheep
- Father Phoenix — Large Bodies
- Xpensive Dogs — Pinocchio
- Lumberhorn — Judgment Day
- David Tomaloff — Hold On (Alternate Mix)
- Pezzettino — Parasite
- The Candeliers — Junebug Park
- Kevin Brandt — I Want You Tonight
- Decibully — Let Me in My Lord
- The Heavyheads — Rusty Moon
- The Olmsted Ensemble — Lake Park
- The Subcontinentals — Goodnight Nobody
- The Celebrated Workingman — We're Numb
Links to the tracks can be found here.