Lola Mexican Fish House is an urban oasis in Denver’s LoHi neighborhood. It’s open patio makes it a popular place to sit, relax and enjoy great food and drinks in the summer sun. Lola’s talented chefs bring the soulful vibe of Coastal Mexico into the kitchen with each dish they create. While the regions of Oaxaca, Yucatan peninsula, Baja, Veracruz and the Northern Pacific Coast influence the dishes, it is the use of seasonal, local and sustainable ingredients that give Lola a contemporary feel. Chef de Cuisine Kevin Grossi was recently hired on last spring and has re-launched the menu at Lola Mexican Restaurant, all while keeping in tradition with Lola's kitchen mantra.
A couple favorites of Chef Kevin's new menu items are:
- Bay Scallops Ceviche - avocado, watermelon, heirloom tomato $11
- Lobster enchiladas - Mexican rice, salsa suiza, pico de gallo $24
Also launched are new cocktails and a brand new dessert menu. Check out these popular items:
- Bebida Morada - vida mezcal, creme de violette, blueberries, lime, ginger beer $10
- Blood Orange Sunrise - casa noble blanco, lime, agave, blood orange soda, seasonal pearls $9
- Q Coin - muddled cucumber, agave nectar, fresh lime, el tesoro platinum, squeeze of orange, cucumber twist $10
- S’more on a stick - sweet and delicious on a summer night $4
- Salted Oreo Choco Taco - whimsical and reminiscent of childhood but brought to a whole new level to appeal to sophisticated palates $6
In addition to a weekday happy hour from 4-6pm and all day Mondays, Lola also offers live music during happy hour every Sunday from 2:30 - 5:00 p.m. The July line up includes the following:
- Lane-Meadows-Levy of The Congress, 7/6
- Whiskey Folk, 7/13
- Jonah Wisneski & Friends, 7/20
- Lil’ Skoops featuring members of the Fox Street All Stars, 7/27
Lola is located at 1575 Boulder Street. They are open for dinner nightly at 5pm and brunch Saturday and Sunday from 10am-2pm.