Back on July 31st of 2013 this writer published an article about Howard and the White Boys recording a live album at Rosa’s Lounge in Chicago. The understanding at the time was that the CD would be released shortly after. Well here it is about a year later. The CD is titled Rosa’s Lounge.
Released this month, the band had a CD release party at Rosa’s on Friday Aug. 22. Don’t worry if you missed it. There will be another chance to see Howard and the boys at Buddy Guy’s Legends for a CD release party on Saturday August 30th. Cover is $20.00; show time is 11:00 p.m.
The entertainment begins at 6:00 p.m. Diamond Jim Greene is scheduled for a one hour set. The official pay at the door show starts at 9:30 p.m. with Howard and the White Boys guitarist Pete Galanis doing a solo one hour set to open. The main event will then start at 11:00 p.m.
The new CD will feature tunes from their catalog as sort of a greatest hits live set. Their Live at Chord on Blues was more of a cover set live. Below is a list of the songs on the new live disc and the studio album they were originally on.
- Black Cat – Strung Out on the Blues
- Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner – Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner
- Heat-Seeking Missile - Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner
- Judge – The Big $core
- Strung Out on the Blues - Strung Out on the Blues
- That’s Alright
- The Blues Are Killing Me - Strung Out on the Blues
- The Last Time - The Big $core
- Trouble Follows You - The Big $core
- Walk Away – Made In Chicago
- What Would I Do - Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner
If you can’t make it to Legend’s on the 30th, they are also appearing at Stiner Pavilion in Waukegan IL. on Sep. 13, Ballydoyle Irish Pub in Downers Grove, IL. on Sep. 27, Club Tavern in Middleton, WI. on Oct. 25, Leroy’s in Porter, IN. on Nov. 8 and Beer Geeks in Highland, IN. on Dec. 2.