For those jobseekers that still have not admitted that LinkedIn is a critical part of any job search consider the most recent ad campaign by Taco Bell. In a report appearing in yesterday's Detroit Free Press several agencies specializing in locating nonprofessional actors credited the online social media site as a valuable tool. They were able to find more than 400 people named Ronald McDonald using, among other tools, LinkedIn.
The Taco Bell commercial, produced to introduce their new breakfast menu, features men with the legal name of Ronald McDonald complimenting the breakfast items comprising Taco Bell’s morning menu. In addition to an aggressive airtime buy almost 2,000,000 people and watch a commercial online according to YouTube. See the ad by clicking here.
According to Forbes magazine, LinkedIn is having a huge impact on the job placement industry. Forbes reports that LinkedIn now provides an employer with access to 150 million professionals making it a rich resource for headhunters and recruiters.
PC Magazine says 73% of recruiters filled a position using social media in 2012, a figure that increases annually.
These statistics show that any serious job seeker needs to consider LinkedIn a prime source for securing your next position. Had not the ad agencies hunting for Ronald Donald resorted to LinkedIn the length of time to find 400 willing Ronalds but it would have taken an exceptionally longer time period.
The Taco Bell campaign has prompted one Ronald McDonald to make his own YouTube video pleading with the chain revert back to the Chihuahua mascot. Besides the teasing he has face since the ad campaign began.
You can review a Free Press comparison of the breakfast menus at McDonald’s, Burger King and Taco Bell by clicking here.
©2014 Max Impact, used with permission.
- Michigan Works support centers offers job transition support.
- Lesson in interviewing, a tip of what you should not say to recruiters.
- How to write a killer resume.
- Pure Michigan Talent Connect - The official website for job hunters seeking new careers and employers looking to post jobs and hire employees in Michigan.
- Unemployment Insurance Agency - Manages unemployment taxes and insurance. Learn key job seeking information.
- Veterans Employment Services, information regarding Michigan jobs, careers and employment assistance for Veterans.
- Michigan Rehabilitation Services, Works with individuals with disabilities to prepare for and obtain employment.