Though Holland, Mi.'s New Holland Brewing Company's beers have been available in Georgia since the brewery rolled out their wares in the state through United Distributors last September, it has been a slow move to get the beers to Augusta.
Augustans have been able to make their way across the Savannah River to North Augusta to buy the brewery's beers, including well-known staples such as Mad Hatter IPA and Dragon's Milk Bourbon Barrel Stout, for quite some time, but they haven't been available on this side of the river even since the Georgia release last year.
At least, until now.
Rooster's Beak (215 10th Street in downtown Augusta) is proud to welcome New Holland to Augusta this Friday, June 28, by hosting a special tap takeover featuring the the brewery's beers. All six of the restaurant's taps will be pouring New Holland brews, and all beers will be specially priced at $4.00 per pint. UPDATE: The final draft list has been released and will consist of all of the variants of the brewery's staple, Mad Hatter IPA. The line-up is as follows:
- White Hatter, a 5.5% ABV Belgian-style "White Pale Ale" that "flavorfully blends the soft malt, fruity esters and delicate spicing of a Belgian White with hoppy citrus notes of an IPA. Pleasant hints of tropical fruit are framed with orange peel, chamomile, coriander and grains of paradise."
- Black Hatter, 5.56% ABV. "A blackened version of Mad Hatter brewed with black malt for a dark, roasty sweetness to the base of the flavor profile. Finishes with a strong Centennial hop character from dry hopping."
- Farmhouse Hatter, a 5.8% ABV "Farmhouse IPA" that's "fermented hot with a strain of Belgian Saison yeast to develop flavors of green apple, pepper and fresh cut hay."
- Oak Aged Hatter IPA, a 5.1% ABV version of Mad Hatter IPA that's been aged in Kentucky barrels.
- Imperial Hatter IPA, a 9.4% ABV Imperial IPA, described as "a robust renovation of the India Pale Ale. Assertive dry-hoppying provides an aromatic telltale nose, indicative of the bitter symphony to follow. Bold hop character with lively grapefruit and citrus notes."
- Michigan Hatter Michigan IPA, a 4.7% ABV brew that "celebrates our local agriculture with its Michigan-grown Cascade hops from the Leelanau Peninsula. Bright and aromatic, with delicious malt notes underneath a citrusy showcase of hops."
Doors open at 5 pm, so get out and welcome New Holland to Augusta!