I can't believe it has been two months since my last new gluten-free products article. It is definitely time to pen another installment of products that are either available, or about to be available at a store near you.
- French Picnic - has created gluten-free pastry circles, which is something I have yet to see any other company accomplish to date.
- GeeFree - makes a line of puff pastry snacks in three varieties: franks in a blanket, chicken pot pie, and spanakopita. They were introduced at Expo East and they look incredible, but unfortunately they are not available in retail outlets yet.
- Glutino - their newest pretzel is honey mustard and they can be purchased on Amazon.com. The new flavor was introduced at Expo East and they should appear on store shelves soon.
- Jules Gluten Free - has just launched their new Sugar Cookie Mix. The mix is certified gluten-free and kosher and it is free of dairy, eggs, nuts, and soy. One bag makes 36 cookies.
- Lovely Candy Co. - makes gluten, soy, corn, high fructose corn syrup, and GMO free licorice, caramels, choco caramel swirls, and fruit chews with real fruit bits. These candies contain no artificial color/flavors and no preservatives. All of their products are GFCO certified, kosher, and they can be purchased direct from the company.
- Litehouse - recently launched OPA, which is a line of Greek-style yogurt salad dressings that are free of trans-fats, MSG, and artificial preservatives. OPA is available in four flavors, including: Feta Dill, Blue Cheese, Ranch, and Caesar.
- Mama Mary's - produces a shelf-stable gluten-free thin pizza crust that can be found in select Publix grocery stores. The pizza crust is made from: water, tapioca starch, rice flour, soybean flour, soybean oil, food starch - modified, potato starch, whole eggs, maltodextrin, dextrose, xanthan gum, egg whites, salt, calcium propionate (preservative).
- Outer Aisle Gourmet - has produced a line of Paleo/gluten-free products that are made from vegetables and that are naturally low carb with no preservatives or additives. They just introduced a new line of Veggie Pizza Crust, Veggie Pasta,Veggie Rice, and Veggie Bread.
- Pamela's Products - has launched a line of gluten-free 'fig newton like' fig bars in four flavors: Mission Fig, Strawberry & Fig, Raspberry & Fig, and Blueberry & Fig. The filling is made without artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives by combining figs with tart berries. The cookies are egg-free and low in fat, sodium and cholesterol, and made without hydrogenated oils or trans-fat. Certified by the Gluten-Free Certification Organization, Figgies & Jammies are manufactured in a dedicated gluten-free plant and they are consistently tested using the ELISA method which tests down to five parts per million for gluten.
- Potapas Gluten Free Tortillas - are made from potatoes and they are dairy free, soy free, nut free, and corn free. These innovative tortillas contain garbanzo bean flour for added for protein, cassava flour for added texture and fiber, and chicory root inulin fiber for dietary fiber. These corn-free tortillas are GFCO certified, kosher, and it appears they are only available at Sprouts. I sure hope the new Sprouts locations in Georgia will have them in stock!
- Snyder's of Hanover - according to Kim at Gluten-free is Life, the company has updated its packaging and they have introduced two new flavors of their gluten-free pretzels: Hot Buffalo Wing and Honey Mustard & Onion. All varieties of their gluten-free pretzels are certified gluten free by GFCO and they are free of dairy, egg, and casein.
- Trader Joe's - has two new soups in their refrigerated section: Hearty Minestrone and Lentil Soup with Ancient Grains. I have tried the minestrone (has no noodles) and it has a decent flavor. I used it as a based and added in gluten-free noodles and chicken and turned it into a meal. I have yet to try the Lentil soup,but as it gets colder it will makes its way into my refrigerator.
- Whole Foods Gluten Free Bakehouse - has three new Occasion Cakes: Shmoo, Vanilla Confetti, and Peppermint Mousse. These cakes are decorated and ready to go, once thawed and they should be in the freezer section at a Whole Foods near you.
What new products have you found? Any of these products look good to you?