By: Charles Benninghoff
New facts about the September 11, 2012 Benghazi attack has been exposed by groups of private citizens thanks to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
Obama’s lies are being exposed by citizen FOIA requests leaving Obama to hire Bill Clinton's old criminal defense attorney to serve as his new White House Counsel.
Do you think Obama is really, really worried? I do!
Why is Congress not using this same tactic to get the truth? The subpoenas that the congressional committees have been using have failed. Obama and his underlings simply ignore every subpoena they receive.
For a congressional subpoena to have any teeth, Obama's Attorney General Eric Holder would have to enforce it. Holder will not do this. Holder is still protecting his friend Obama, just as he did with Operation Fast & Furious and the IRS scandal.
However, under a FOIA request to an Executive Branch agency, Obama has to comply and hand the documents over within 20 days.
If the documents are withheld from a FOIA request, a citizen can sue the agency in question and have a judge who is not under Eric Holder's control force Obama to hand over the documents.
A Member of Congress can sometimes be denied information under FOIA, but a document on the Justice Department's website says that a congressional committee acting on official business can use FOIA and this has more power than a private citizen's request.
Obama's new criminal defense attorney will have his hands full if Congress begins to use the FOIA process.
The Justice Department document we have linked to states that if a congressional committee issues a FOIA request, it triggers special access to the information.
It says, "Even where a FOIA request is made by a Member clearly acting in a completely official capacity, such a request does not properly trigger the special access rule of subsection (c) unless it is made by a committee or subcommittee chairman, or otherwise under the authority of a committee or subcommittee."
Under the "special access" clause of the Freedom of Information Act, Obama's lackeys have to disclose the documents or they will immediately end up in court, where Obama and Eric Holder cannot protect them.
Obama has been able to lie to the American people and cover up this scandal because they can ignore congressional subpoenas.
Nevertheless, look at what Americans now know because of FOIA requests submitted by private citizens' groups:
- Muammar Gaddafi offered to step down peacefully in 2011. Obama facilitated the violent overthrow of the Libyan government and the death of Gaddafi for no good reason!
- Obama had the US Navy lift an embargo so a $500 million cargo shipment of weapons could dock at the port in Benghazi.
- Those weapons were then handed over to Al Qaeda-backed militants in Libya -- meaning that Obama had the U.S. switch sides in the War on Terror to help the same people who caused the 9-11 attacks!
- Those SAME weapons were likely used to kill Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans on September 11, 2012.
- A combat-ready force of American soldiers was located one hour away from Benghazi and could have saved those four Americans.
- Obama's Deputy National Security Director, Ben Rhodes, instructed UN Ambassador Susan Rice to say the attack was because of a YouTube video.
All of this information was exposed because of FOIA requests by private citizens. Congress has been unable to learn any of this information through the subpoena process.
We also know from World Net Daily that Obama later tried to ship those weapons to Turkey, where they could be used by Al Qaeda to launch more attacks against Christian villages in Syria.
Diligent reporters and citizens using FOIA requests have been able to uncover documents related to Benghazi, but Congress has failed until now.
Obama's evil acts of darkness related to Benghazi can be exposed -- the lies, the murders, the illegal weapons shipments and the help he provided to Al Qaeda, but only if Congress will use this tactic.
The committees have to use FOIA requests.
Congress and Obama have dragged the Benghazi scandal and cover-up on for far too long. It is time for answers and Obama is required to respond within 20 days to a FOIA request.
Also, why don’t you try to use a FOIA request yourself?