Feeling like you deserve a treat but determined to stay on your diet? To help, we decided to play healthy living sleuth. From a cookbook featuring chocolate for Paleo and gluten-free dieters to a soda made with stevia to famous fitness guru Leslie Sansone's newest DVD, here are five new favorites:
- When it comes to working out at home, it's hard to get motivated to move. And that's why we love Leslie Sansone. She's made it easy for millions with her perky walking DVDs. Her newest ups the volume and the vigor with fun tunes and moves: "Leslie Sansone: Walk to the HITS Radio Remixes" (click to order).
- Did someone say chocolate? Most of us love this rich, dark treat. Now, for gluten-free and Paleo dieters, comes a new cookbook that keeps the calories low and the taste high: "The Paleo Chocolate Lovers' Cookbook: 80 Gluten-Free Treats for Breakfast & Dessert" (click to order).
- Pie oh my. It's usually off the table if you're a vegan. Now a new cookbook comes to the rescue with tips on making crusts and recipes for everything from sweets to savory appetizers: Easy As Vegan Pie: One-of-a-Kind Sweet and Savory Slices (click for additional details).
- Studies have shown that artificially sweetened sodas actually can make you fat (eek!). So what's a dieter to do who's craving something bubbly? We tried a new option: Zevia, sweetened with stevia and containing neither sugar nor artificial sweeteners. At zero calories and in flavors like strawberry (ahhhh bliss!), it's a winner in our cupboards. You can find it in some grocery stores or get information on ordering it online by clicking here. Worth noting: Amazon reports that the zero-calorie cola flavor currently the number one favorite in the Soft Drinks & Sodas category.
- Longing for mayonnaise? We've got your sandwich covered with calorie-free, carb-free Walden Farms Mayo, Honey Mustard flavor: click to buy now.