Star Wars and LEGO fans both young and old are invited to visit LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago during LEGO Star Wars Days to attend the grand opening of the new LEGO Star Wars Miniland interactive exhibit and participate in a series of fun themed activities. This weekend event will run from Friday, March 8 through Sunday, March 10, 2013.
Earlier this year, fans were invited to vote on the theme for a brand-new, large-scale, interactive LEGO experience that people can enjoy starting in spring 2013. When Star Wars won (over such fellow contenders as City, Racers, and Hero Factory), the expert model builders at LDC got right to work designing and constructing an amazing walk-through exhibit featuring exciting scenes from Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace.
Along with trying out this new exhibit, visitors can:
- participate in a scavenger hunt by spotting special minifigures in Miniland and hidden Starfighters and Podracers in the Jungle Expedition room. (Completed forms can be entered for a chance to win annual passes to LDC.)
- take part in a Yoda group build to construct an 8-foot-tall version of the Jedi Master.
- make a special themed mini model to take home in the Model Builder Workshop.
- participate in Star Wars-themed speed build challenges.
- make podracers to race against other people's constructions as part of a Mos Espa Podrace station.
- take photos with the life-sized LEGO Darth Vader and R2-D2 exhibits.
- hang out with members of the Star Wars 501st Legion.
- win prizes and giveaways while supplies last.
Shoppers at the LEGOLAND Discovery Center Shop can enjoy special savings: with any purchase of at least $50 of LEGO Star Wars products, customers can receive a free Tie Interceptor and Death Star.
Visitors can attend this event from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Friday and from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Visit LEGOLAND Discovery Center Chicago in Schaumburg at 601 N. Martingale Road.
For more local LEGO fun, check out events and deals at Chicago LEGO Stores during March.