The Community Performance Series Guest Artist series will bring five renowned musical artists to SUNY Potsdam for the 2010-11 season.
Among the artists are Crane School of Music alumna Lisa Vroman, best known for her Broadway portrayal of Christine Daaé in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “The Phantom of the Opera,” and Emanuel Ax, a seven-time Grammy Award-winner known as one of the most popular and respected pianists in the world.
The 2010-11 CPS Guest Artist series:
• Lisa Vroman, “How Can I Keep From Singing,” Sept. 25 at 7:30 p.m. in Helen M. Hosmer Concert Hall: This concert will coincide with the kick-off of the yearlong celebration of the 125th anniversary of the founding of the Crane School of Music.
• REBEL Ensemble for Baroque Music, Oct. 16 at 7:30 p.m. in Hosmer Hall: The New York-based ensemble has a unique, expressive and provocative approach to the Baroque and Classical repertoire.
• Mambo Legends Orchestra, Nov. 6 at 7:30 p.m. in Hosmer Hall: The former musicians of the Tito Puente Orchestra bring incredible music to an international audience.
• Emanuel Ax, McElheran Visiting Artist Event, Feb. 12 at 7:30 p.m. in Hosmer Hall: This seven-time Grammy Award-winning pianist is known for his poetic temperament and unsurpassed virtuosity.
• Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, May 7 at 7:30 p.m. in Hosmer Hall: This Society demonstrates the belief that the future of chamber music lies in engaging a diverse audience.
Season tickets are now on sale and can be purchased through the CPS Box Office, located in Snell Hall on the SUNY Potsdam campus, by calling 267-2277, or visiting www.cpspotsdam.org. Individual event tickets will be available for purchase beginning Aug. 23.