Business is changing—and leaders must change along with it. The tumultuous changes of the past decade, including China’s economic rise and the financial meltdown, were just the beginning. The next cataclysmic wave is surging relentlessly ahead, demanding leaders who can steer their companies through complexity and change.
Drawn from original research conducted jointly with foresight company Z-Punkt and further analyzed by Hay Group, the new book, Leadership 2030, uncovers six megatrends that will dramatically impact organizations’ markets, cultures, systems, and processes:
- Globalization 2.0: Asia dominates the global economy.
- Climate change: Sustainability becomes imperative.
- Individualism: Freedom of choice erodes loyalty.
- Digitization: Boundaries blur between private and working lives.
- Demographic changes: Aging populations intensify the talent war.
- Converging technologies: The sharpest tech shift in history is around the corner.
The book includes research findings and case studies to provide compelling evidence of each megatrend and highlight the skills, capabilities, and attitudes leaders must cultivate, such as:
- cultural sensitivity
- strategic thinking
- meaning creation