Treyarch has updated the official Call of Duty website on Jan. 17, revealing a new page that contains more details and images for the upcoming Revolution DLC of the recently-released multiplatform title, “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.” The new shots show off the new contents in the downloadable pack: Peacekeeper SMG weapon, Die Rise zombies map, Turned zombies mode in addition to four multiplayer maps (Downhill, Grind, Hydro and Mirage). You can check out the new images, as well as several other shots, from the Revolution DLC in the slideshow at the top of this article and the new details below (courtesy of CallofDuty.com):
Bonus Weapon - Peacekeeper SMG
- Revolution also delivers a bonus multiplayer weapon, the “Peacekeeper.”
- This powerful SMG, accompanied by its own set of weapon challenges for additional XP, is unlocked to all Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 fans that pick-up Revolution or the Season Pass.
Hydro - Pakistan
- Opponents must dodge the floodwaters in “Hydro” as they contend for dominance of this Pakistani hydroelectric dam facility, filled with treacherous spillways.
Grind - Venice Beach, California
- Transports players to the historic birthplace of skateboarding, where they will battle it out through the ramps and half-pipes of this massive, epic skate park in a multiplayer environment comprised of unique curved architecture, requiring players to adapt and learn new ways to take cover.
Downhill - French Alps
- Set in the ski country of the French Alps, where players fight their way down the slopes and through a ski lodge, while avoiding the moving hazards of the mountain's gondola system.
Mirage - Gobi Desert
- A dilapidated luxury resort, ravaged by a catastrophic sandstorm, where a range of long distance and close-quarters combat will mix up the action for all play styles.
- In this new game mode, run and wreak havoc as a zombie, trying to kill the lone human in the map. Once you successfully kill the human, you respawn as the lone human. You only get points when you’re the human, so it’s important you fend off the hoard of zombies (i.e. the other players) for as long as possible!
Die Rise - Far East
- Overcome a zombie infestation inside a series of collapsed skyscrapers towering over the remains of an obliterated Chinese city. In this new and original Zombies map, players will wield powerful, upgradable Wonder Weaponry as well as combine new buildable devices to fight a relentless army of the undead throughout Escher-esque sceneries over a deep and perilous chasm.
The “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2” Revolution DLC will be released first for the Xbox 360 version of the game on Jan. 29.
In addition to the Xbox 360 console, “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2” is also now available on the Nintendo Wii U, PC and Playstation 3 systems. You can order the game in the following link: “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2”