Event: Pint Jockeys Monthly Beer Tasting
Location: Del Papa Distribution Center, 1220 I-45, Texas City, TX
Date and Time: Thursday, March 20, 2014 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
This month’s lineup will include several newer beer products that many have not likely tried. The March tasting will feature the following beers:
- Saint Arnold Icon Blue – This Brown Porter is a dark, medium bodied ale with rich chocolate malt notes. Icon Blue pours a dark brown color with ruby and garnet highlights, producing an off-white head. During the brewing process, the brewers used English malt hops and their own Saint Arnold yeast, also hailing from the U.K.
- Rogue Ales 7 Hop IPA - With a slightly hazy, golden-orange body, this ale boasts a foamy head and plentiful lacing when poured. Tangerine and grapefruit rind aromas are met with notes of spruce, caramel and bready malts while flavors are heavy on the citrus with other tastes of spruce, pine resin and herbal hops in the mix. The ale is nicely balanced and leaves behind a lingering bitterness.
- Goose Island Ten Hills APA – Ten Hills American Pale Ale takes its name from the original planting of ten “hills” of hops a couple of years ago when Elk Mountain Farms first formed a business relationship with Goose Island. Today, more than 200,000 hills of hops are grown for Goose Island annually. A limited release, this ale has an apricot and tangerine aroma, tasting of sweet honey and toast and finishing with an earthy, herbal hop character.
- Goose Island The Illinois – Illinois is a 9.0% ABV 95 IBU Imperial IPA that pushes the limits of hop flavor and aroma. It pours a deep gold color with a complex citrus aroma. The taste is balanced with a clean bitterness and a medium to full body.
- Shock Top Honey Bourbon Cask Wheat – The latest addition to the Shock Top portfolio, this Belgian-style unfiltered wheat ale is brewed with honey, caramel malt and aged on bourbon cask staves for the perfect balance of flavor and refreshment all year round.
- Rolling Rock – This premium extra pale lager is crafted using a time-honored recipe with only the finest malted barley and blend of hops. A classic American lager, as well-known for its distinctive, full-bodied taste as it is for its craftsmanship, heritage and painted green bottle, Rolling Rock is full-flavored with a subtle bite and a light to medium body and color.
This event is offered to those age 21 and up with a valid ID. It’s a great way to sample some of the newer beers like Saint Arnold Icon Blue and Goose Island Ten Hills APA and best of all, it’s FREE! So make your way to Texas City this Thursday and partake in this monthly event, courtesy of the Pint Jockeys and Del Papa Distributing.
Want to read more about the world’s greatest beverage? Visit Great Beer Now on Facebook by clicking here and be sure to Like!
I hope you enjoyed this post! Click the “subscribe” link above or below to receive automatic updates whenever a new post is made.