I’m excited to share with you the brand new AARP Travel website that promises to help people 50+ travel smarter.
Baby boomers spend close to $120 billion per year in travel YET there is not a single website that caters to their travel needs. Boomers need a website that seamlessly combines what a Trip Advisor + Expedia.com + Pinterest offers, all in one location. New research from AARP sheds more light on the travel habits of boomers and the growing pain they face when it comes to planning a trip:
· Trips Per Year — Americans in the 50+ age demographic take about six overnight trips unrelated to business of at least 50 miles from home per year;
· Website Planning — Eight out of 10 Americans 50+ use websites to plan as well as book their personal travel;
· Time Spent Planning — Travelers 50+ spend about 30–36 hours per year planning personal trips online but would prefer to spend about half as much time per year (12–18 hours) planning; and
· Time Spent Booking — The 50+ traveler spends about 18 hours per year online booking personal travel but would prefer to spend about 12 hours per year (at least an hour less per trip) booking.
Some of the unique features of the new AARP Travel website include:
· Trip Finder — a fun, smart and visual series of questions to deliver ideas and recommendations for destinations — including some unexpected ones;
· Map Explorer — a detailed street-level interactive map that includes attractions, restaurants, hotels, local color and reviews;
· My Trips — a personal page where users can save and organize trip ideas, itineraries and related articles in one place and add to or edit them over multiple visits;
· Articles and Destinations — travel tips from AARP Travel Ambassador Samantha Brown, articles specifically geared toward the 50+ traveler and information about hundreds of domestic and international locations; and
· Book Trips — booking tools provided through AARP’s relationships with Expedia and Liberty Travel that give you access to member discounts.
If you like reading my travel adventures, please click on the "subscribe" button above. You'll get future articles in your inbox for FREE!