- Are you a parent worried about your teen daughter?
- Do you often struggle to communicate with your child?
- Learn how to improve your mother-daughter relationship!
Starting January 10th, 2014, we will be offering a 6-week Mothers & Teen Daughters process group.
Where: 10780 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, California 90025
When: Fridays, 6 p.m. until 7:15 p.m. — 1/10 through 2/14
Cost: $600 per couple
Who: Mothers and their Teen Daughters, ages 13 to 16
*Note: This group will be facilitated by Dr. Francine Lederer at her office. There will be a maximum of 8 participants (or four mother-daughter couples). Dr. Lederer will be interviewing potential participants in a Free Initial Phone Consultation.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
1. Understanding your mother or daughter’s experience of you.
2. Practicing the art of listening with an open heart and mind.
3. How of gratitude can keep your focus on the goodness that is present.
4. Asking for what you want, instead of only expressing what you don’t want.
5. Resolving specific issues with the input of the facilitator and group.
Reserve your space Today! Contact Dr. Lederer at 310.499.7040.
In closing, the mother-daughter relationship commonly goes through changes as adolescents start to exert their autonomy. During this time, it is important for both parties to approach the other with kindness, and an openness to finding solutions that are mutually satisfactory.