A little over a year ago, Monoprice introduced a 5.1 surround sound home theater system that sold for the low, low price of $249. Since then, they have tweaked and upgraded the entire system which is now available for $251.20. That’s why today’s need to know is the Monoprice Premium 5.1-Channel Home Theater System with Subwoofer (#10565).
According to Luke Grant, Monoprice Vice President of Marketing, “our newly upgraded 5.1 premium speaker system continues to raise the bar in quality for the price, [and it] provides the performance typical of speakers in the market priced in the $400-$500 range. It’s what our customers are coming to expect from Monoprice, and once again we deliver” Take a look at what you get for around $250:
- Four satellite speakers and a single center speaker, each with 3" polypropylene mid-range driver and a 3/4" aluminum dome tweeter
- Low end performance has been improved by increasing the cabinet size of the center and satellite speakers
- Matte black textured finish for easy care
- Powered, downward firing 8” subwoofer is driven by a built-in 200 watt amplifier
- Subwoofer is housed in a 12.6” cube and weighs about 20 pounds and includes phase and volume control
- Center and satellite speakers have rear ports for enhanced sound and they feature ¼” threaded inserts for easy mounting
- Spring loaded, push and release speaker wire connectors throughout
This is a BIG sound system for the price. Installation is relatively easy once you determine how much speaker wire you need and how you plan on making the connections. Monoprice, of course, sells everything you need for a custom install. For more information about the Monoprice Premium 5.1-Channel Home Theater System with Subwoofer (#10565), click here. Stay tuned for the upcoming review!