There’s no accounting for the myriad things with which us humans become obsessed. For some, it’s exotic poisonous pets, for others, it’s automobiles, and for me, at least in the last few years, it is socks. Back in the pre-sock-obsession days, when I only wore one style of sock made by a single manufacturer, there wasn’t a lot to think about in regard to these tubular garments. Now that my eyes have seen the glory of the truly high-zoot sock, I must confess, there is no going back.
Thanks to one of my readers in Vermont who is eagerly awaiting their annual sale, I was turned onto Darn Tough. For this, I cannot be more thankful. My first impression of the three socks that just arrived is this: These socks are amazing!
These socks, a high-end affair to be sure, have been instrumental in redefining the top end of the industry and, with the creation of Darn Tough Vermont, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cabot Hosiery Mills, has saved a family-owned business from financial ruin by simply making the best product possible and offering it at a decent price backed by an unconditional guarantee. Plainly stated, if their socks are “not the most comfortable, durable and best fitting socks you have ever owned, return them for another pair, or your money back. No strings. No conditions. For Life.” Pretty cool.
Here’s the skinny on their socks:
- High Density Knitting - More knit stitches per inch equates to durability and cushioning without bulk
- Performance Fit - From form fitting toe boxes to sculpted heel pockets and knit-in elastic support at the arch, our knitting techniques produce the finest fitting performance sock available
- Merino Wool - Custom count, shrink treated Merino wool enhances the comfort and durability that outdoor enthusiasts have come to expect from this fiber
- Ribbed Knit - Form fitting to the contours of your calf, shin and ankle ensuring a custom fit
- Ribbed Ankle Support - No Slipping. No Bunching. Helps prevent blisters
- Elastic Arch Support - Knit into the arch of all of our socks to provide added endurance
- Ring Toe Construction - Terry loops surrounding the toe create a comfortable invisible seam
For more information about Darn Tough socks, click here. Be sure to keep an eye out for the upcoming review of their Hike/Trek, Run/Bike, and Life/Style socks right here in this column.