As long as Carhartt keeps coming out with great new gear, chances are you’ll read about it here. It seems to be one of the many things at which they are very good. The workwear maker known for its tough-as-nails cotton duck dungarees also uses that material for other things like overalls, vests, and jackets. The material is versatile, dense enough to be fairly windproof, and when properly lined, makes for a warm garment.
In keeping with that train of thought, it’s time to start thinking about getting ready for the upcoming Fall season. Like it or not, cooler days are right around the corner, that’s why you need to know about the new Carhartt Active Jac. Here’s the specs:
- 12 ounce 100% cotton duck (think canvas, not quack)
- Printed in Realtree Xtra camouflage pattern to keep you hidden in no matter what the season
- 100% polyester thermal lining
- Two inside pockets for stashing your stuff
- Two front pockets for keeping the hands warm
- Rib-knit cuffs & waistband to keep the cold out and the warm in
- Thermal lined hood with drawcord closure to put a lid on heat loss
- Made in America
Since this is a Carhartt product, the bar is already set pretty high for the upcoming review for which you should stay tuned. I’ll do my best to be tough, but fair. I promise. My impression of this jacket so far is a pretty good one. The fit is roomy, the lining, tough but toasty, and the camouflage is ready for your next wild boar hunt.
For more information about this or any of the other fine products from Carhartt, click here.