A little known airline called Norwegian that offers free inflight WiFi and budget fares is quietly emerging as a big player in the international market. In a press release received today, September 4, 2013, the company announced new routes, aboard its 787 Dreamliners, between Scandinavia and Los Angeles, San Francisco and Orlando.
The first carrier to offer non-stop flights from LAX and SFO to Oslo, Norwegian’s schedule will operate as such:
- To Stockholm from Los Angeles twice a week from March 2, 2014 on Wednesdays and Sundays. On April 30, it will increase number of weekly flights to three – with departures on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The introductory fare is $236 one way.
- BetweenStockholm and San Francisco twice a week from May 3, 2014 on Tuesdays and Saturdays with an introductory fare of $236 one way.
- Between Copenhagen and Los Angeles twice a week from March 1, 2014 on Tuesdays and Saturdays. From May 1, and then three weekly departures on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. The introductory fare is $236 one way.
- Between Oslo and Los Angeles Sundays only from June 1, 2014 for $236 each way.
- Between Oslo and San Francisco flights will be offered three times a week from May 28, 2014 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The introductory fare is $236 one way.
Did these flights and fares pique your interest in a trip to Scandinavia? If so, check out the video to learn more about the area.