The second week of the 2013 NCAA season is over and all of the Top 25 teams have played to try and keep the rankings. This week, there were not a lot of upsets during the action on Saturday, Sept. 7, 2013, as teams such as LSU, Clemson, and Ohio State dominated. But still, there were some big-time match-ups, and some unexpected results were to be had.
One of the biggest games of the day came between sixth-ranked South Carolina and the 11th-ranked Georgia Bulldogs. Georgia was able to outscore the Gamecocks by 11 points in the second half to win 41-30. It was a necessary win for Georgia's season and broke a three-game losing streak to South Carolina.
Another big game came on Saturday night as number 17 Michigan defeated number 14 Notre Dame 41-30 in the last scheduled game between the two in Ann Arbor. It was a great game that was broken open early by Michigan and they held the lead throughout.
There were a few major upsets on Saturday though, and they came the way of teams that weren't even in the Top 25 rankings. Miami defeated Florida, BYU destroyed Texas, and Washington State outlasted USC.
Full results of all the NCAA Top 25 action for week two:
- Alabama - Idle
- Oregon defeated Virginia 59-10
- Ohio State defeated San Diego State 42-7
- Clemson defeated S Carolina State 52-13
- Stanford defeated San Jose State 34-13
- South Carolina lost to number 11 Georgia 30-41
- Texas A&M defeated Sam Houston State 65-28
- Louisville defeated E Kentucky 44-7
- LSU defeated UAB 56-17
- Florida State - Idle
- Georgia defeated South Carolina 41-30
- Florida lost to Miami 16-21
- Oklahoma State defeated UTSA 56-35
- Notre Dame lost to number 17 Michigan 30-41
- Texas lost to BYU 21-40
- Oklahoma defeated West Virginia 16-7
- Michigan defeated number 14 Notre Dame 41-30
- UCLA - Idle
- Northwestern defeated Syracuse 48-27
- Washington - Idle
- Wisconsin defeated Tennessee Tech 48-0
- Nebraska defeated Southern Miss 56-13
- Baylor defeated Buffalo 70-13
- TCU defeated SE Louisiana 38-17
- USC lost to Washington State 7-10