The Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Ga., will be filled to capacity, as NCAA football 2013 fans will gather for their first look at the No.1 team in the nation.
ESPN will handle broadcasting duties for this much-anticipated SEC vs ACC affair, while ESPN-3 and Watch ESPN Live Stream host the game online.
While NCAA football 2013 oddsmakers have Bama favored by 22 points, there are some question marks on both sides of the football heading into tonight's game.
Offense: Although quarterback AJ McCarron (30 TDs, 3 INTs in 2012) is projected to be an early Heisman Trophy candidate entering his senior year, keeping his jersey clean could prove to be a daunting task in 2013.
The Tide will be without the services of (guard) Chance Warmack, (center) Barrett Jones and (running back) Eddie Lacy, three of the nine players who entered the NFL draft, but left a void in Bama's offense.
Defense: Saban's biggest challenges this year will lie in the secondary. As he's proven in the past, the legendary coach will once again rely on his superb rebuilding skills and ability to shuffle players (from offense to defense) in order to fill those gaps.
Virginia Tech Hokies (Unranked): V-Tech comes into the NCAA football 2013 season looking to bounce back after a disappointing (7-6, 4-4 vs. ACC) year.
However, kicking off against one of the greatest programs in the history of the collegiate sports may delay those plans for at least another week.
Frank Beamer and his coaches are sure to have their hands full countering Saban's scheme tonight, and thus, it comes as no surprise that NCAA football 2013 oddsmakers list the Hokies as 22-point dogs in the opener.
General Consensus (ATS & OVER/UNDER):
- Alabama: 63 percent (1457-843)
- V-Tech: 37 percent (843-1457)
- OVER 46½ points: 57 percent (719-534)
- UNDER 46½ points: 43 percent (534-719)
ATS Betting Trends:
- Alabama is 7-1 in its last 8 neutral site games.
- Alabama is 4-1 in its last 5 games on fieldturf.
- Alabama is 10-4 in its last 14 non-conference games.
- Virginia Tech is 4-1 in its last 5 games in August.
- Virginia Tech is 7-18-1 in its last 26 games overall.
- Virginia Tech is 1-3-1 in its last 5 neutral site games.
- Virginia Tech is 2-7-1 in its last 10 non-conference games.
Don't miss this Alabama vs Virginia Tech live stream TV schedule & odds NCAA football 2013 game and feel free to leave us your predictions in the comment section.