Dean Smith Center in Chapel Hill, N.C., will be the site for this Atlantic Coast Conference clash between the (15-15, ACC: 6-11) Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the 14th ranked (22-7, ACC: 12-4) UNC Tar Heels.
Opening tipoff is scheduled for Monday night at 7:10 p.m. EST (6:10 p.m. CST/5:10 p.m. MST/4:10 p.m. PST) on big ESPN and on Watch-ESPN for those trying to stream it live on a desktop or mobile (Internet) devices. Please visit ESPN3 for more live streaming information or simply click here.
For the visiting Fighting Irish, tonight’s game brings another disappointing season to an end. In essence, the only thing Mike Brey and company can hope for at this time is to finish off the year one game above the .500 mark.
That will be much easier said than done, as Notre Dame faces a UNC squad playing its best basketball of the season. Winners of 11 straight ballgames, Roy Williams will try and keep momentum going heading into the season finale at Duke in Saturday’s make-up game against the Blue Devils.
It comes as no surprise that NCAA basketball oddsmakers give the North Carolina Tar Heels [-11] the edge by double-digits tonight over the Notre Dame Fighting Irish [+11] in the ATS betting department. The OVER/UNDER is set at a combined total of 143 points and straight-up betting lines go as follows: Irish [+540] vs. Heels [-680].
ATS Action Prior to ESPN Schedule Game Time
- Notre Dame spread: 40 percent.
- North Carolina spread: 60 percent.
- OVER: 243 wagers.
- UNDER: 236 wagers.
Trends Prior to NCAA Basketball 2014 (ESPN3) Live Stream
- Fighting Irish are 6-17-2 ATS in their last 25 Monday games.
- Fighting Irish are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games following an ATS loss.
- Fighting Irish are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games versus a team with a winning percentage above .600.
- Fighting Irish are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games against teams with winning straight-up records.
- Tar Heels are 6-0 ATS in their last 6 home games.
- Tar Heels are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 games overall.
- Tar Heels are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 versus Atlantic Coast Conference opponents.
- Tar Heels are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 games following a straight-up win.