According to a Feb. 19 ESPN report, taking on a team like Boston College may be exactly what Syracuse needs to get its offense back on track in tonight’s featured NCAA basketball 2014 (live stream/TV) game on ESPN’s family of networks.
The Boston College Eagles comes in with 6-19 record (ACC: 2-11) overall, and surrendering an average of 78.7 points and 53.7 percent shooting in its last three ballgames. Thus, it comes as no surprise that BC is in the midst of its worst stretch of the NCAA basketball 2014 season, losers of five straight decisions.
“I want to win as bad as anybody, but there’s great growth going on that we’re not seeing on the scoreboard,” said Eagles head coach Steve Donahue after the game. “We need some pieces, but these guys have made great strides, and we just haven’t been able to figure out the defensive and the rebounding side of this, but we're trying. We're trying to get growth.”
On the Syracuse Orange’s (25-0, ACC: 12-0) penultimate home game of the season, head coach Jim Boeheim hopes his team can find its groove offensively before traveling to Durham, N.C., for a Saturday night showdown with the Duke Blue Devils.
“I think moving forward for us to be a good team, we’ve got to play better offense,” said the 69-year-old Hall of Famer this week. “I don't look at our record. I feel like we played about really, overall well enough to be 20-5.”
The Carrier Dome in Syracuse, N.Y., will be the site for tonight’s Boston College versus Syracuse ESPN broadcast game, which has a TV scheduled start time of 7:10 p.m. EST (6:10 p.m. CST/5:10 p.m. MST/4:10 p.m. PST).
Courtesy of Watch-ESPN and ESPN-3, NCAA basketball fans can also watch a free live stream feed of this game on a desktop and a number of (Internet) mobile devices. This program is limited to customers of TV providers that offer Watch-ESPN, so visit Watch-ESPN for more information or click here to verify access.
NCAA Basketball Betting Odds Prior to TV Game Time
- Boston College’s spread: +13½ pts.
- Syracuse’s spread: -13½ pts.
- OVER/UNDER: 131½ pts.
ATS Activity Prior to ESPN’s Free Live Stream Online
- Boston College action: 35 percent.
- Syracuse action: 65 percent.
- OVER: 151 wagers.
- UNDER: 216 wagers.
Eagles vs. Orange 2014 NCAA Basketball ATS Trends
- Boston College is 3-0-1 in its last 4 games following an against-the-spread loss.
- Boston College is 3-0-1 in its last 4 road games against teams with home-winning percentages greater than .600.
- Boston College is 4-0-1 in their last 5 road games overall.
- Syracuse is 6-0 in its last 6 games against teams with winning percentages below .400.
- Syracuse is 5-1 in its last 6 Wednesday games.
- Syracuse is 5-1 in its last 6 games versus a team with a losing straight-up record.